Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hurray for Small Miracles!

Sometimes I seem to be looking for the 'big' miracles, and I then overlook the 'small', but very significant ones.

I know that the Lord has been working on me...
Wanting me to trust Him completely...
Longing for me to let Him work in my life...
Beseeching me to let Him take care of...well, the small stuff!

Case in point:

My sweet, darling Shea...
This girl is so attached to me...
She has been frantic about me leaving her to go to China...

She has finally started sleeping in her own bed at night!! (After almost 2 1/2 years!)
She still needs, however, to 'check on me' several times a night....
She just wants to make sure that I am there!!!!

Our plan is for Shea to stay with my wonderful & amazing sister-in-law and brother-in-law while we are China.  They love her to pieces and will probably spoil her immensely.

Shea loves them as well.  And she enjoys her time with them....as long as I am there with her.....everything is fine.
For months now, she has been expressing how much she doesn't want to stay with them...
She doesn't want me to go to China... 'just Daddy can go!'
She even once suggested that Avery be mailed home to us!!!!!

So, here it the small miracle....

Today she woke up saying that she is so excited to go to Aunt Lori and Uncle Tommy's house!
Really????
Wow!!!!

Thank you, Jesus!!!!!
You took care of my little girl's heart!!

Keep bringing on those small miracles!!!!



5 comments :

  1. I know this will help set your mind at ease during your trip. Yay for small miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know...I don't count that as a SMALL one...it is huge on SO many levels! Now you can relax a bit more about being away from your sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you all. Have a safe journey tomorrow. Can't wait to see your updates from China and Avery with her Mommy and Daddy!
    Love you all!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog for the necklace giveaway.

    Wow, you are in China right now!!! How exciting, I cant wait to follow your joureny!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for your journey to Avery! Cannot wait to see the pictures and read your updates.
    Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete