Wednesday, December 9, 2009

O Christmas Tree....

We actually had our Christmas tree up and decorated the week before Thanksgiving!!!

Why so early....

I had really hoped to be traveling to China sometime in late December.  I thought it would be a good idea to have the tree and house all decked out early so we could enjoy them awhile.  My plan was then to have mostly everything packed up and put away before we left for China. I thought I would have a few Christmasy things out for when Avery opened her gifts.....

No worries....
Now we get to enjoy our Christmas decorations for a really long time....
I can put them away with out rushing and thus, I can keep them somewhat organized for next year. (ummm....Yeah, right.)
And frankly, since we have our Article 5 approval and feel quite confident that we will be traveling in January....I am in a very festive holiday mood and am quite prepared to enjoy this Chirstmas!!!  After all it really is about the wonder and joy of our Savior's birth, and I think because of God's perfect timing, I can now focus on the miracle of this most holy season!!!

Here are pictures from our day of decorating.....


Look how thrilled our dog looks....





My husband doesn't look too thrilled either....
Really, where is the Christmas joy????






Now all we need are the ornaments.


















A willing helper....(at last)




















Ta-da....all done!









Posing with a 'friend'.
(Last year this guy was taller than Shea.)

















Just waiting for this little one......






Then we will be all together.....next year for Christmas!!!

1 comment :

  1. Looks beautiful! I like having decorations up longer so the earlier the better I say. I really liked your stockings too. I was wondering what I'd do when we had more stockings then letters in the word NOEL (which I also have). Just add reindeer! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete