Friday, September 17, 2010

Flashback Friday {in a blink of an eye}

I just couldn't resist......





She was so little....




And, so stinkin' cute!




Even three years ago, her silly self was quite evident!





Oh, how the time flies....




Where did my baby go???




Off to kindergarten....
That's where she went...!!!!  How dare she?

She is starting this new phase of her life...this school phase....




And, trust me when I say...

"Hold on y'all....
You're 'baby' will be graduating from high school in a blink of an eye!"

As we come to a close of 'our' first three weeks of school, I am feeling somewhat melancholy....

Our paths only entwined a mere three years ago....
She already had a history...
A previous life...
Previous experiences....
Situations, circumstances, choices, or lack of choices, brought us together....
Allowed me to become her mother...the mother who gets to raise her....
To love her....always!
To teach her...to help her....to comfort her...to nurture her....
To accept her completely.




I feel like she has arrived at this point of her life (beginning school) way!too!fast!!!

It seem like yesterday that she was this chubby, little two year old baby!


Sigh!!!
Oh, how the time flies!!!

11 comments :

  1. How sweet! And you are so right, time does fly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun walk down memory lane! Shea was such a peanut (& still is) - beautiful as ever!! Even though time does fly ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow... Thanks for the reminder to slow down and enjoy the days. I haven't done enough of that lately.

    Shae is just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so stinkin’ cute!!! And yes, the time flies so fast...I must slow down now that this difficult summer is past!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right, Chris! There are some days that I would really like to freeze the moment! There are also days that I cannot wait to be done! Hehe! I have to say, though, I think I will miss them ALL!! Shea is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. she's so cute! kindergarten stinks doesn't it? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is just a doll! I know what you mean!! I can't believe how old Tallie is already. I remember like yesterday holding her in my arms for the first time!

    Shea is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post. You are right, it all happens way too fast. It seems like it's happening faster all the time, too.

    Lovely pics - what a cutie she is :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true....so true...one day you turn around and they are getting married!!!!! Oh my heavens..where does the time go? I loved looking at all of the pictures and seeing her grow up:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was just yesterday! I want to squeeze those cute legs! I love that look she would give...like what are you saying to me! Now I'm sure she tells you exactly what you are thinking!! I miss her and her hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chris, Thanks for the great reminder!
    I think I'm going to tell my little guy that he has to stay in Kindergarten forever. Think Shae will join him? Homeschool?

    Until I can convince him, I'm going to focus on Romans 6:23...."but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our LORD."

    Thank God, truly... thanking God, that He gives us the gift of life; eternal life with our babies! Now that is a gift indeed!

    ReplyDelete